Sunday, December 03, 2006

Launceston, 680km

YOYOYOYO

Well a crappy ride from St. Helen's here. Headwind the whole way. Worse than a hill because you don't get to the top and go down the other ride, it just keeps up. Spent friday night in a free camp ground in Scottsdale, pulled up and it was sunny and there were ducks and a platapus in the lake. Set up camp and sat down to read my book.

7pm: Enter the RV's. 6 mobile homes pull up with grey nomads. Set up all their JAzzy gear, crank up the generator and the top 3 and start knocking back the white wine and rum and cola (these are 55yr olds +). Kept up until 10pm when torential rain broke out, I never thought I would love rain so much when I was camping.

Got in to Launceston at 3pm on Saturday and went to Cataract Gorege which is a local swimming hole with walks and stuff. Nic from Rat Patrol set me up with a friend of his from Uni so they have put me up in their back yard in an old Dairy that was built on the property.

Spent today doing the intellegensia rounds: Meuseum, gallerys, etc. There is some great architecture etc. Getting the bike fixed tomorrow and going on the Boags tour and then pushing on to Deloraine. The penny farthing hire in Evendale is defunct so that is a bummer but hey.

Wish me luck,

Peace
Harris

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

out partied by grey nomads! wait till we take u on the pre xmas pub crawl :P

9:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man.. Nomads... Sounds horably like something my parents would be doin in 5 yrs or so. Good luck at the Boags factory, drink a thousand beers for me... no less will be acceptable. Peace n love

12:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first read this post, late at night or something, I thought YOU were participating in this nomadic reveling. Well. That's not true. Hope you sent them a lot of evil eyes.

2:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home