Tuesday, November 28, 2006

St Helens, 450km

Hey guys, not too much new to report. After our last interchange I rode to Douglas-Aspley National park which is often forgoten about. It had a beautiful water hole that was clear as day and warmer than the sea. Rode the next day to the Bay of Fires (including an 8km climb up Mt Elephant which has a pancake barn at the top). The bay of fires has amazing beaches, all white sand and clear blue sea so I had a good long sit down on the beach. Yesterday (Monday) I met up with Billie who has an organic farm 20km out of St Helens and I am staying with her for a few day doing some work etc in exchange for a bed and food. Being off the bike is a needed break and she has some old ones I am going to fix up (bliss). I will be heading out to Launceston in a few days and hope to check out some winerys on the way.

Stay well, peace

Harris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home