Sunday, December 25, 2005

Brisvegas, Christmas, Bling Bling

Well well well, last I left you it was a monday and Jess and I were going to East Point reserve in Darwin for a swim in a salt lake. We did and followed this great event with gelati. On that day that I posted it was 38 degrees celcius with 80% humidity but for some reason it was bearable. That night we had fried rice and vegged out infront of SBS.

On Tuesday we performed the last domestics we had to do including getting NEW SPEAKERS INSTALLED. We transformed the van into a crank mobile with 6 inch sub-woofers in the back. This was coupled with the purchase of Warumpi band albums and midnight oils greatest hits so we are all set for the west coast. We left the van with some friends in Darwin and went to see King Kong before the flight out. It was shit. Infact it was so shit that we left before kong had even climbed the empire state building. We boarded the plane at 1:30am on Wednesday and I fell straight to sleep.

We arrive Wednesday in Brisbane and trained it to Indooroopilly from the airport. My next door neighbours parents were kind enought to put us up and Ben (her father) picked us up at about 8am. After a good dose of Women's Day (to reset my brain), Jess and I and Ben and Nick (Ben's Son) went shopping for christmas food and baked mince pies. That afternoon we walked up Mount Coot-tha (brisbane's tallest point) and watched the sun set.

Also, my tropical ear (also known as swimmers ear in non-tropical reigons) has cleared up completely and the tropical rash that Jess and I aquired has also disappeared.

For the next few days Jess and I wandered Brisbane going to markets, Galleries, resturants and bars/clubs. It is really wierd to think that in this city there are more than 7 times as many people as there were in the whole northern territory and more than 20 times as many people as there were in Darwin. Jess and I also got our woodford folk festival programs and tried to determine which of the 500+ acts we are going to try and see. I have narrowed it down to 150 must see acts and I'll tell you how many I make it to. I doubt I will see most of them because it will be hot and I want to stay laid back.

Yesterday (christmas eve) Jess and I went to the Vally markets and got some new threads. I also got a mad book on Australia's national parks becuase it had some great photos of places we've been. We then treked to the Belgium Beer Cafe with my neighbour's brothers and their partners and preceded to get drunk and eat chips (nothing else to do on a hot day). I did a final christmas shop for some people and baked a huge batch of granola (wiki it you uncultured pleebs) and a massive tray of brownies for christmas gifts.

Today (Merry Christmas) I awoke with the sun from one of the best dreams I have ever had (the best christmas present) and kicked of the day with a Mia Thai with extra rum and a cherry and a thick slice of Bruda (Burger / dutch christmas cake) with cheese and bannana. We then headed to Brisbane's northern suberbane sprawl for christmas lunch with Italians where we were overfed and drank too much and I ended up asleep by the pool (sound like the typical Aussie Christmas to anyone?). We came home and I started preparing for WOODFORD FOLK FESTIVAL.

Tomorrow we leave for the festival. I will fill ya all in on how it went and if what is said is true I will be a changed man.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, I love you all

DHP

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, you Christmas morning face!
In the Northern hemisphere, of course, Christmas is damned cold - at least if you're not, like me, comfortably to the south. Me and the pops are celebrating secular humanist-mas by acting as if it is a normal day. Take that, Christmas! The war against Christmas (you heard about this, H.?) wages on as ever.

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home